It is so easy to get overwhelmed when trying to devise a plan to make your social media not only work for you, but also to prepare your business to be more profitable. What if we could put you through a social media bootcamp and tell you EVERYTHING we know?
Well, lucky you, that’s what’s about to go down.
We have rounded up every tip, trick and secret to not only up your marketing game, but to give you tools to get started right now. Grab a cup of coffee and a notebook, and clear your space of distractions. We have a feeling you might be here for a while so put on some cozy socks and throw that hair up into a top knot. Let’s get to business.
Instagram has hands down been our favorite platform. We have seen some crazy insane growth - we are talking nearly 75 new followers a day. It has easily been our biggest income driver outside of webinars. Here is what you need to know:
- Quadruple Your Instagram Following
- How to Host Your Next (or First) Instagram Giveaway
- Did You Just Steal That Image: Instagram Re-Posting Etiquette
- Insta Love: 21 Women Whose Feed Inspires Us
- The Easiest Photo Editing App for on the Go - How to Snap, Edit and Post in Under 1 Minute
- 6 Mistakes Product-Based Businesses are Making on Instagram
- How to Use Instagram Stories to Get More Sales
- How to Use Later to Save you Time, Create Consistency and Not Miss Half of Your Instagram Audience
- How to Sell On Instagram Without Feeling Like a Slimy Cheeseball
- Harness the Power of Instagram for Your Small Business
- Squarespace 101: Adding Your Instagram Feed to Your Website [Video]
- How to Style Your Images for Branded Flat Lays [Video]
Facebook has been such an incredible way to meet new people. Connect with fellow entrepreneurs and feel a sense of community. Heck, that’s where Emylee and I found each other. Check out some of the ways we utilize Facebook.
- Facebook Reinvented: The New Way to Combat Tricky Algorithms
- How Facebook Groups Can Grow Your Raving Audience
- Honest Marketing: the Good, the Bad and the Selfie
- Followers Ain’t Nothin’ But A Number
- Stop Lurking in Facebook Groups: Here's How It's Hurting Your Business
- How to Use Facebook Live to Grow Your Small Business
Pinterest is a huge traffic driver for us. We see more than 43% of our blog traffic come directly from Pinterest. These strategies work! On average pins from our site see 68,329+ impressions per day. This sort of traffic has led to sales not just in the U.S. but all over the world. Just last week we were on a call with a customer from Belgium… talk about BANANAS.
- Harness the Hidden Power of Pinterest
- (Re)Fall in Love with Your Pinterest
- The Daily Pinterest Formula to Jumpstart Your Referral Traffic
- Decoding Pinterest Analytics: What Your Numbers Mean
Twitter is a speed-based platform. With tweets lasting only minutes, it is hard to keep up. However, it can be a wonderful way to have some fun conversations. We’ll be the first to admit that we don’t put all our social media marketing eggs in the Twitter basket. We’ve decided to concentrate our efforts elsewhere (for now), but that’s not to say that there aren’t some amazing small businesses using Twitter to authentically grow their following.
Did you make it back up the rabbit hole we just sent you down? We know that was a lot of information so try not to let the overwhelm sink in. Focus on one platform at a time and perfect it like the total boss that you are before adding on another. It’s okay to not be everywhere! In fact we encourage you to be where your audience is. Find out where they hang out online and show up there with bells on.
Sit down with your marketing department (AKA you, you and you) and set a plan in place for how you can use 1-2 platforms well this quarter. Set up a strategy, put it in place, and don’t deviate from it. That’s the only way you’re going to be able to get true data on how a platform affects your business so you can begin to see real results from it.